Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Brains and Beauty: Your Secret Weapon

Hi beauties!

I apologize for not updating as often as I would like, but life has been quite hectic lately. As you all know or may not know, I recently started a new business towards the close of summer- which has kept me a busy-bee! On top of that, University started up again....so back to the books -___- Anyways, I'm here now- so let's catch up!
Why am I discussing Brains and Beauty today? Well, lately I've been thinking about how powerful it can be for women(men too) to have intelligence. Of course everyone loves a beautiful woman, but everyone respects and beautiful and intelligent woman. Now, I'm not saying that to be intelligent means to be the smartest person or get the best grades, but being intelligent means much more than that.

What does intelligence mean to me?
I believe intelligence to be power- something that sets you apart from everyone else. Intelligence is knowing no limitations and not being afraid to discover and
try new things. Intelligence is knowing your self-worth and realizing that YOU can do anything that you set your mind to.

This subject is something I feel deeply about, especially being a young woman. I know that sometimes others don't take us too seriously. We are often seen as beautiful and nothing much deeper, or we are seen as wives, mothers, models and celebrities. Yet, we are much more than that, and can accomplish much more than that. I am not downsizing those careers, but I want young girls and women to realize that the list of possibilities does not end at those careers or life-paths.

Recently I decided that I should fulfill my dream. I always felt that many people didn't take me seriously, and sometimes I even believed that any idea I had was silly. But one day, something clicked in my head. I realized that I could accomplish ANYTHING as long as I was determined. That same day, I came up with a long dreamt business plan that I had. Within that week I got all the licenses and permits that I needed to step forth with my career.

As of the last month and a half I have established a business, and I would love all of my fellow bloggers and readers to share this experience with me. I hope that I have inspired you or have made you proud today!

Follow me on my journey of traveling around the world, sharing my fashion, beauty tips, and clothing line with others!

Stay beautiful, intelligent, and inspired!

xx always!

P.S. 
I will be uploading videos while I travel and host these amazing and fun fashion/trunkshows! If anyone is in the Boston area, October 6, 2013 I am having my first show! Come and support :)

Instagram: splashofbeautyy
Facebook: Splash of Beauty Boutique

Leave comments and questions :)


No comments:

Post a Comment